Look back on a year of innovation, community building, and groundbreaking research with the Strategic Plan Year 1 Progress Report. The report includes notable achievements from the signature initiatives and faculty whose work has helped to launch the decade of Arts & Sciences.
A Transformative Decade:
Convergence, Creativity, Community
- An expanded faculty, diverse and inclusive, with even more robust research opportunities that push the boundaries of the possible.
- Multiple departments and programs ranked in the top ten within the next ten years.
- Educational practices that engage far more environments of learning, connecting students with experiences throughout the city and world that build on a powerful foundation of disciplinary and transdisciplinary studies.
- Innovative liberal arts programs that address questions of life design and emphasize multiple literacies, asking students what it means to live a good life as engaged citizens throughout the world.
- Graduate students drawn here from across the globe because of the innovative research, scholarship, and high-impact creative practices we are developing.
This is our moment. We are ready.
In Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis, we have a strong foundation on which to build and extraordinary resources to engage. And over the next ten years, we will leverage those resources to build a top institution devoted to bringing people together from across the world to discover new knowledge, explore the universe, and serve the public good.
Implementing the Plan
Center for the Literary Arts Speaker Series: Mary-Alice Daniel
ITF Future Fridays: Next Frontiers in Radio Chemistry and The Human-Wildlife Interface
WashU Mindfulness Day
Explore Our Initiatives
The signature initiatives below build on existing strengths to create exciting and transformative new ventures for Arts & Sciences at Washington University.Signature Initiatives